Social media has seen a rise in users over the past five years, with the average user clocking in at 2.5 hours a day of usage. That can be an opportunity for businesses to promote their business and brands with fresh and interesting content. The main social media platforms have free accounts. Businesses should look to build customer loyalty, promote their brand and even sell directly. Following the 80/20 rule for content keeps customers interested and coming back to your page. Make a plan, or a schedule for your posts, define your goals for posting and what it means to your business. Research both competition and successful businesses in your industry. Know your target audience so you can post items that they will respond to. Pay attention to trends so you know what to promote, and consider selling online.
- An average social media user is on for 2.5 hours per day, and to utilize that you need a plan in place for your social media pages.
- Set goals for your business that are measurable and make sure to research the competition.
- Also look at successful businesses to see what they are doing right, and use the 80% rule. 80% should entertain or inform your audience. The other 20% is for promoting your products or brand.
“There are now 4.2 billion active social media users—almost twice as many as there were just five years ago.”